Carnegie Mellon University Libraries has recently restructured the library. We are looking for a Collections and Information Access Services Director to join us in the creation of a library organization engaged in addressing contemporary user needs. The successful candidate will have a vision for how library operations strategically deployed support new and changing customer requirements. The Collections and Information Access Services Director, a library faculty position, directs a newly formed unit focused on the life cycle and use of purchased, licensed and borrowed content, from identifying essential materials to making them accessible in a timely fashion. This position reports to the Dean of University Libraries and is a key member of the library leadership team.
- Directs and supervises the work of acquisitions, cataloging, serials and e-resource management, and access services including circulation, resource sharing and basic information services.
- Directs the implementation and use of relevant technologies including the library management system, ERM and discovery.
- Directs and coordinates collection development and management.
- Leads the allocation of collection funds of $6.3M to support academic disciplines in line with university priorities.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to develop and support a 21st century collection.
The Director is expected to participate in professional development activities and may serve in library or institutional committees as elected or assigned. At minimum, the successful candidate must meet criteria for appointment at the faculty rank of Senior Librarian.
- Education: MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Ten years or more professional experience at a senior level in an academic or research-focused library with responsibilities for collections, acquisitions, cataloging, e-resource management, access services and library technologies & digital library services
- Substantial professional experience in a minimum of two of the following areas: collection development, acquisitions, cataloging, e-resource management, access services or library technologies & digital library services
- Experience with managing licensed content
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Experience in the management and deployment of library technologies
- Experience in budget management
- Professional experience in more than two of the following areas: collection development, acquisitions, cataloging, e-resource management and access services
- Experience in managing acquisitions budget and allocating
- Documented experience in using emerging cataloging and metadata standards
TO APPLY: Please visit https://cmu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=100812.
Carnegie Mellon University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. CMU makes every effort to provide physical and programmatic access to individuals with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to participate in any part of the employment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-268-2013.