Under the supervision of the Information Services’ Division Chief or Deputy Division Chief , the Content Development Team Leader is responsible for leading and managing the Content Development Team, one of three Joint World Bank – IMF Library (the Library) teams. The Content Development Team licenses and supports electronic services procured by the Library, the World Bank Group Library, and IMF departments. The team also procures print materials for the Library.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading using best practices to manage and license electronic information services including: economic and financial databases (real-time and historical), statistical resources; e-journals and e-books; news and analysis services; bibliographic information; and others acquired to meet IMF (IMF) and the World Bank Group (WBG) business needs. License sizes range from single user to enterprise-wide services available to both institutions. Coordinating evaluation of services and actively participating in vendor negotiations with IMF Procurement staff.
- Preparing quarterly budget projections, annual budget requests, and ad hoc reports used to analyze and track usage and spending on information services for internal use and to report to Library governance groups. Supporting the work program of the IMF’s Economic Data Office and Economic Data Governance Group by providing reports and budget analyis.
- Managing the day-to-day work of the Joint Library Content Development team and supervising staff including preparing performance reviews and providing feedback
- Representing the Joint Library on various organizational committees and advisory groups sharing information on licensed information services.
- Leading the Content Development Evaluation Team, composed of WBG and IMF libraries staff. The team selects content made available to both organizations; conducts trials of new and existing services and responds to requests from clients and management
- Overseeing management of book and periodical (print) vendor contracts and all associated payments for print and electronic materials.
- Establishing and validating team work practices. Collaborating with other Library and World Bank Group Library teams. Identifying opportunities to improve and streamline procedures. Ensuring compliance with accounting practices
- Participating actively to provide substantive input to division-wide planning and goal setting. Plans, establishes objectives, organizes, and evaluates the work of the team. Determines priorities, supervises staff, allocates work based on budgeted resources, and satisfies demands with constrained resources.
- Advanced degree in Library Science, Information Management, or other relevant graduate degree. 7-10 years of relevant professional experience including supervising staff licensing and/or procuring information services.
- Required skills:
- Relevant experience procuring and/or negotiating information services’ contracts. Knowledge of information services’ pricing models, trends, and intellectual property terms and conditions.
- Demonstrated leadership, change management ability and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of staff across the Library, WBG, IMF, and the international development community.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with clients at all levels. Must have the ability to handle a number of high profile, urgent tasks simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written; excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and other Fund-standard software.
WILL BE RECRUITING AT ALA, JUNE 28-29. PLEASE EMAIL TGSJOBS@IMF.ORG TO SETUP AN APPOINTMENT.