SALARY: $51,971.00 - $70,474.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 12/16/13
CLOSING DATE: 02/21/14 05:00 PM
Under direction of the Library Division Chair, and in coordination with the other faculty librarians, the successful candidate will be responsible for the leadership, planning, and management of online library resources. The position may include hiring and supervising classified staff and students.
Summary of Key Duties:
- Manage and coordinate the acquisitions and ongoing maintenance of the Library’s licensed digital resources, including tasks related to building vendor relationships, selection, licensing, activation, troubleshooting, and ongoing maintenance of resources.
- Oversee issues related access to licensed digital resources, including management and configuration of the Library’s proxy server, A to Z list, and link resolver.
- Coordinate the development of online tutorials, LibGuides, and other materials to support instruction in the use of information resources, with an emphasis on materials to support success and retention for basic skills students.
- Provide training (and supervision, if appropriate) for staff who work with licensed online resources.
- Provide Reference Services, as scheduled.
Masters in library science, or library and information science;
A California Community College Instructor Credential (valid for life) in Library Science. (NOTE: Credentials are no longer issued by the State of California, however, if you earned one previously, it is still honored)
The equivalent. To select outstanding faculty members from the largest possible pool of qualified applicants, Monterey Peninsula College recognizes that candidates may have attained expertise through a variety of means. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments may be judged by the District as equivalent to the above qualifications for this position. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications are encouraged to download and complete an equivalency application from the employment web page and submit/attach the completed form to the employment application along with appropriate documentation of your qualifications;
Commitment to community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for culturally, socio-economically, ethnically, and academically diverse students and students with disabilities; personal qualities to work effectively and with sensitivity in a multicultural environment; awareness of and commitment to the needs of non- traditional and/or re-entry students with diverse abilities and interests.
For more information and to apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/422122