SAGE Publications, a leading academic and professional publisher of books, journals, and electronic media, located in Thousand Oaks, California, with offices in London, India, Singapore, and Washington DC, is currently seeking a Library Relations Manager.
The Library Relations Mananger is responsible for providing customer outreach to the library community on behalf of SAGE and assisting the Manager of Library Relations & Sales Support in coordinating pre- and post-sales support to the library sales department. The Library Relations Manager plays a key role in providing sales support to the Library Sales team, primarily by developing and executing training programs for customers, potential customers, and library sales professionals. This position serves as a member of the Library Sales team and provides departmental support by developing strong relationships between SAGE and the library marketplace, and follows up on customer and industry issues from Sales Managers, Account Developers, and inbound inquiries from customers. The Library Relations Manager will work with internal stakeholders, including Legal, Circulation, Customer Support, and Account Support to provide outstanding customer service to both internal as well as external constituents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitates sales and renewals by demonstrating SAGE's products both online and in-person, and assists the Manager of Library Relations & Sales Support in developing a training program for SAGE products for both the North American and EMEA markets.
- Works with both institutions and consortia in promoting and driving usage of SAGE products
- Ensures that customer challenges are understood and met by making occasional site visits to interview librarians about their changing needs, issues, and potential product needs. Works with relevant sales managers to provide context about the library’s needs, determine new products that meet the library’s needs, and brainstorm most effective individual site sales strategies.
- Conducts site visits and teleconferences with sales managers to assist with difficult conversations or customer concerns.
- Works with marketing and other members of the sales team to identify the most impactful means of communicating product benefits to librarians.
- Assists in training the sales team about relevant library trends and campus roles.
- Facilitates renewals by providing librarians with useful information and strategies for promoting SAGE as a campus-wide resource and platform.
- Recommend specific products and solutions from the SAGE and CQ Press product portfolio based on indentified customer need, expectations and purchase history.
- Works with the Field Editor(s) to identify libraries that are not responding to known faculty interest. Works with the sales manager to approach the libraries to determine why the libraries have not responded and to then turn the known faculty influence into a sales opportunity.
- Represents SAGE at conferences and other events
- Additional special projects as assigned.
- ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS required
- Bibliographic instruction experience required
- Library Sales Support experience preferred
- Experience working with library consortia preferred
- Experience in the publishing industry or within academia preferred
- Strong work ethic
- Must be equally adept at working independently and within a team environment
- Proficient in PC environment and must possess working knowledge of WebEx, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity and comfort in working with instructional technology is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including excellent public presentation skills and ability to demonstrate technology/print products in person or electronically
- Superior time management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Pleasant and persuasive telephone manner
- Creative, competitive, strategic and persistent sales demeanor
- Ethical and honest in all business relations
SAGE offers a competitive salary, collegial business work environment, and exceptional benefits package. Qualified candidates kindly email their resume and cover letter to www.sagepublications.com/careers/.