Provide high-level legal and non-legal research and reference services to attorneys, paralegals, and staff. This is a temporary role to cover a colleague's leave of absence, and the assignment is estimated to be approximately three months in duration.
- Perform statutory, administrative and case law research for various jurisdictions
- Search online and print secondary sources for guidance on a broad range of topics
- Search for sample SEC disclosures, including offering documents, M&A transaction documents, material agreements, and periodic reports
- Research trends in capital markets and M&A transactions across various industries and geographies
- Gather company intelligence materials, including company reports, news stories, and executive bios
- Assemble legislative and regulatory history documents
- Retrieve cases, statutes, regulations, articles and other citations as requested
- Create alerts, tracking news, regulations, SEC disclosures, and court filings
- MLS or MLIS degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of reference experience in law library setting
- Broad knowledge of legal and business reference materials in online and print formats
- Strong research and database skills, including proficiency in searching Lexis, Westlaw, and Westlaw Business
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Resourceful, proactive approach
- Strong customer service orientation
- MS Office Suite
If you have any difficulty using our online system, please contact Clifford Chance's Human Resources Department regarding your interest in applying for employment.
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, with 35 offices in 25 countries and some 3,400 legal advisers. A single partnership, the firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the four key markets of the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East and in the six core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; and litigation and dispute resolution.
It has been and continues to be the Firm’s policy to provide equal opportunity and equal terms and conditions of employment to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, pregnancy, disability, or any other status protected by law.